- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon , dried
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram , dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring water to boil in a steamer pot.
- Add green beans and steam until tender (5 minutes-do not overcook)
- Remove beans from pot, immediately and plunge into cold water (to prevent further cooking), drain well
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Saute and stir until all are heated throughout.