Neurotoxins Lead To Nerve Damage
What are neurotoxins? The English dictionary defines neurotoxins as “substances that interfere with the electrical activities of nerves, thus preventing them from functioning.”
How Neurotoxins Destroy Nerve Cells
Neurotoxins are substances that interact with nerve cells by overstimulating them to death or interrupting their communication process. They alter the normal activity of the nervous system in such a way as to disrupt and damage nerve cells.
Symptoms of this exposure may appear immediately after exposure (ingestion) or it may be delayed. Commonly experienced symptoms may include limb weakness, numbness or tingling in the limbs, loss of memory, loss of vision, and/or intellect, uncontrollable obsessive and/or compulsive behaviors, delusions, headache, cognitive and behavioral problems and sexual dysfunction. Individuals with certain disorders may be especially vulnerable to neurotoxins.
Studies have shown that neurotoxins can shorten the life span of nerve cells. These toxins have been linked to brain disorders, Peripheral Neuropathy and neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s Chorea and Parkinson’s disease.
The availability of neurotoxins has increased dramatically within the last few decades. Many of these neurotoxins are found in the food we eat and water we drink. Even worse, they are also found in baby food.
Neurotoxins In Food
If you have an infant or young children, you may want to pay close attention to the ten neurotoxins listed below. Kids are the most vulnerable to neurotoxins, because their body is still developing. Most food products that contain neurotoxins have them listed on their ingredients list. Processed foods, such as chips and candy are often loaded with neurotoxins. If you find a food or drink that contains the neurotoxins listed below, you should avoid consuming it.
10 Neurotoxins To Avoid
- Aspartame(also known as Equal, AminoSweet, NutraSweet, Spoonful): Very common in sugar-free food products, especially sugar-free gums and drinks. Most aspartame is made from the fecal matter of genetically modified bacteria. Studies have linked aspartame to diabetes, migraines, kidney failure, seizures, blindness, obesity, neurological disorders, mental illness and brain tumors.
- MSG (Monosodium glutamate) –also known as sodium glutamate: Very common in junk food, fast food and most restaurant food, canned food, baby food. Independent researchers believe that MSG plays a significant role in neurodegenerative brain disease, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease. MSG is frequently disguised on ingredient labels under alternative names, such as: Hydrolyzed (vegetable) protein, plant protein extract, Sodium Caseinate, Calcium Caseinate, yeast extract, Textured Protein, TVP, Autolyzed yeast, Carrageenan, Malt Extract, Malt Flavouring, Bouillon, Seasonings, Spices, natural flavoring.
- Sucralose(also known as Splenda): An artificial sweetener that is very popular in sugar-free products, especially sugar-free drinks. Sucralose was accidentally discovered while doing research to create a new insecticide, which is why some researchers suggested that sucralose should be listed in the insecticide category. This neurotoxin is regarded as a chemical cousin to DDT. Sucralose is a chlorinated compound. When the body breaks this type of chlorinated compound, it releases toxic chemicals.
- Aluminum:This type of metal is common in drinking water, over-the-counter antacids and vaccines. Aluminum is hard for the body to absorb, but citrate or citric acid can dramatically increase its absorption. Vaccines are one of the major contributors to aluminum toxicity, because the aluminum is injected directly into the body.
- Mercury:This heavy metal is common in fish products, vaccine and amalgam fillings (also known as silver fillings). Mercury can be found in drinking water too. Mercury is one of the most toxic neurotoxins, because it easily destroys brain tissue.
- Fluoride(sodium fluoride): This toxin is very common in drinking water and conventional toothpaste. Fluoride was used to kill rats before it was introduced into consumer products. The fluoride used for consumer products is a mixture of many hazardous chemicals. It is known as sodium fluoride, not to be confused with the natural calcium fluoride. This is why there are warning labels on fluoridated toothpaste.
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein:This harmful food ingredient is very common in certain junk food. Hydrolyzed vegetable protein contains high concentrations of glutamate and aspartate. In high levels, glutamate and aspartate can stimulate nerve cells to death.
- Calcium caseinate:This toxin is popular in protein supplement, energy bar and junk food. It is harmful to the brain due to its neurotoxic properties.
- Sodium caseinate:This type of protein is common in dairy products and junk food. It has been linked to autism and gastrointestinal problems. Visit this site for more specific information about sodium caseinate and calcium caseinate.
- Yeast extract:A popular food ingredients in many processed food, such as canned food. It is toxic to the brain.
The most common neurotoxin
The most common neurotoxin that people consume on a regular basis is refined sugar or table sugar. Refined sugar may not be as toxic as aspartame, but it is toxic enough to cause significant harm to your body when you consume it on a regular basis.
When you eat a fruit, you are not just ingesting sugar and water, but also synergistic components, such as mineral activators, enzymes, co-vitamin helpers, and fiber. These components have specific roles to play for helping your body to safely and effectively metabolize nutrients.
Without these synergistic components to help your body metabolize sugar safely, certain elements of sugar are broken down into toxic chemicals. The main toxins that are released when your body metabolizes refined sugar are toxic metabolites. These metabolites are great for destroying the respiration process of cells.
- Blaylock, Russell L. Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills. Health Press. Santa Fe, NM, 1996.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: energyfanatics.com
SILENT KILLER LURKING IN YOUR CABINETS
A widespread and silent killer that’s worse for your health than alcohol, nicotine and many drugs is likely lurking in your kitchen cabinets right now. These are chemical food additives, preservatives and sweeteners commonly found in most processed foods.
There has been extensive research on food additives and their toxic, damaging affect on nerve cells in the body. The damage commonly occurs to peripheral nerves and brain cells and has a cumulative effect over time.
MSG and artificial sweeteners cause significant damage to nerve cells overtime, which may result in Peripheral Neuropathy or even worse, Alzheimer’s disease. Yet, these ingredients are found in foods and beverages consumed on a daily basis. The average household has diet beverages, salad dressings, canned soups, condiments, crackers, junk food and many others. Even baby foods contain these neurotoxic ingredients.
Whether or not you suffer from peripheral neuropathy, everyone should avoid these chemicals. Over a period of decades, they can cause not only peripheral nerve damage but damage to brain cells as well, leading to memory loss, confusion, dementia’s (including Alzheimer’s) and serious neurological diseases such as Parkinsons.
To learn more, visit: http://www.nervedoctor.info